For Safe and Even Burning of your Agate Sand Candle:
- Place candle on a flat, heat-proof surface, out of reach of children and animals
- Trim wick to 1cm before lighting. Do not allow the wick to grow longer than 1cm when burning and never allow the candle to continue burning if the flame becomes enlarged
- Keep the candle away from draughts and flammable materials when burning
- Never leave a candle burning unattended
- Extinguish flame using a candle snuffer or metal spoon
Helpful Tips When Using Your Agate Sand Candle
Never allow the flame to become enlarged, as this can lead to irregular burning of the candle walls. To maintain a gentle glow, ensure the candle wick is maintained at no longer than 1cm when burning.
Be sure to hold the candle at the base when picking it up or moving it, as the candle walls will soften and become “leathery” when hot. When the candle cools the walls will become rigid again.
Only place a tea-light inside the hollowed out candle once you are no longer burning the original candle, otherwise the slight warmth from the tea-light may cause the candle wick to become embedded in the wax and make it difficult to relight later.